Evaluation!

Okay, so for the student blogging challenge week 10 we had to evaluate our work on the challenge.

Registration: Is two weeks early enough for registration to begin before the first challenge?

Well I think that two weeks is a pretty good time range, but some people didn’t get to it for about three weeks, so I would probably make it a month.

Subscription: Did you subscribe by RSS or email in order to get the posts as soon as they were published?

I subscribed by email, so I could read it. I also went on the website on a Sunday or Monday to check it too.

Student and class participants: How useful are these pages in the header of the blogging challenge?

I didn’t really use them that much, but I did go on the participants a lot to see how other people were going compared to me. 

The challenges:

• Did you visit the actual challenge on the blog each week or did your teacher have a post on your class blog?

I had subscribed and checked the website each week. My teacher also gave us a checklist of what we had to do for that weekly challenge.

• Which challenges were the most useful?

I really liked Challenge Six-Global Issues, because my post on poverty received a really good response. I also thought it was good because it got the word spread about global issues. 

• Which challenges were the most interesting?

The most interesting was Challenge Nine-Favourites, because I found out a lot of people’s favourites that I wouldn’t have previously known about.

• What would be some other topics you would like included in future challenges?

I would like more personal ones like favourites because they were the most interesting.

• Are more tutorial type challenges needed? eg how to make a link in your post?

I don’t think so. I was okay with anything I had to do, and if I wasn’t I just asked my blogging teacher.

• Were the ‘Visit these’ posts useful?

Yes, because I got to see other people’s posts on what I did, but their version.

• Were the challenges where you had to embed ie polls, cartoons, wallwisher etc interesting or could you not embed due to being a free Edublogs blog or a blogging platform that didn’t allow embedding?

I found them interesting because they were fun. I had no trouble because I have a pro blog.

• Were there enough chances to visit blogs from overseas and make links with other students/classes?

I think there could’ve been a few more, as I didn’t add heaps, but only a few.

• Did you make global connections?

Yes. I made a connection from a girl in Canada named Simone.

• Anything else you would like to mention about the challenge in particular?

I’d just like to say that the challenge has really improved my quality of posts.

Activity 2: This is an audit of your blog since the beginning of September 2011.

• How many posts did you write?

Throughout the challenge I made 14 posts.

• How many were school based, your own interests or set by the challenge?

School based- One. My own Interests- Three. Challenge-Ten.

• How many comments did you receive from classmates, teachers or overseas students?

61.

• Which post received the most comments? Why do you think that happened?

The post which recieved the most comments was ‘Many Interesting Creativity Sites!’ because it had a good title and a good question at the end for people to answer.

• Which post did you enjoy writing the most and why?

I really enjoyed my poverty post because I am really proud of it and everyone liked it.

• Did you change blog themes at all and why?

No, I really like my theme because it is very customisable.

• How many widgets do you have? Do you think this is too many or not enough?

I have 24 widgets. I think that is okay, because most of them are links.

• How many overseas students do you have on your blogroll?

Three.

Well that was a lot of questions! Sorry if you got bored. I will now be back to normal posts, as the challenge is over.

Are there any questions that you would like to ask me about my blog? Leave a comment below.

Stay Posted,

Gemma xx

COMING SOON=My Inquiry Design post!

4 thoughts on “Evaluation!

1. Hello Gemma again, I added you to my blog roll. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I hope you do well in the challenge!
    (I am going to nominate you for the challenge)
    ~Simone~

2. Hi Gemma,
    As usual you have completed a very thorough evaluation of the challenge. I congratulate you for your excellent response to the whole blogging challenge. It has been a pleasure to read all your posts and see the variety of ways you chose to complete your posts. You have an excellent blog – in my mind an award winning blog – however I know how hard you work on it (even though it is a labour of love!)
    Keep blogging – I’ll always keep reading.
    Mrs N