HARRY POTTER

VS

TWILIGHT-

MY VOTE

Twilight vs Harry Potter, one of the biggest book debates ever. I am definitely a Twilight fan though. I have read almost all of Harry Potter, but I stopped in the middle of the fifth, and I have read all of Twilight and seen all the movies a million times. Yes Harry Potter is a classic series that everyone knows, but so is Twilight.

One of the main reasons I love twilight is because it covers so many genres – romance, action, fantasy, vampires, warewolves, (Got to love Jacob Black) comedy, (Alice, Emmet and Eric to name a few) and definitely drama, drama, and more drama. As for Harry Potter, here is my idea on what it was about-

Book 1-7: Something is in risk. Harry plays quidditch. EXPELLIAMUS! Harry, Hermoinie and Ron meet Voldemort. Someone dies. EXPELLIAMUS! Harry and Voldemort cast a few spells. EXPELLIAMUS! Harry survives, and Voldemort disappears to come back to the next book. Repeat.

The only genres of Harry Potter is wizards, magic and fantasy, which in my world means nothing. In Twilight the genres make you want to be Bella, and if you’re like me, you put yourself into her shoes, and wish that you could see go through everything in real life.
As for Twilight, every book has a different storyline that is so interesting. I could go on and on for pages about every book, but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who is about to start reading the best book ever. (I mean Twilight by the way.)
An also extra bonus of Twilight is the witty comedy in some of the characters lines. For example, Emmet says to Bella- (SPOILER ALERT) “I hope you’ve had a lot of sleep over these past 18 years, because I don’t think you’ll be getting much more.” That is one of my favourite lines, and there are many more.
I remember waking up early every morning the first time I read Breaking Dawn to read a few chapters. That was in winter. That means something to me, because I was prepared to miss my extra half hour in the morning in bed, slowly getting used to the cold, to read. That is the first time in my life that that happened. I was so attached that when I woke up, the first thing I thought about, looked at, and saw was the Twilight series.
Another great thing about Twilight is that Bella actually goes to a normal school, not some place that doesn’t exist. It’s realistic. The vampires are re-invented. It is now rid of the coffins, and bring on the sparkle skin!

Oh, And the movies. I have to say I like Edward and Bella together, but I am TEAM JACOB! The actors are amazing to watch, and I could have a twilight marathon 365 days a year, and 366 on a leap year.

I hope you enjoyed my opinion on a big book debate that will be lasting for quite a while until the new book phenomenon comes around.

Stay Posted,

Gemma xx

References-

http://www.arteyfotografia.com.ar/12461/fotos/267604/

http://www.woan.org/gallery/2008_comic-con_panels/MG_0981