Okay, so you’re probably thinking, what is Blog Action Day? Heres the link- http://blogactionday.org/
Blog Action Day is where all bloggers come together to talk about a certain topic, and there have been different topics, like water, poverty, and so on. This year Blog Action Day (also known as BAD) is on the same day as World Food Day, so therefore, the topic is..
I have decided to do a post about the pro’s and con’s on takeaway junk food chain stores, like KFC, McDonalds, Hungry Jacks and so on.
There are some pro’s of this late twentieth to now phenomenon called ‘Takeaway Junk Food’, but the cons weigh higher.
The pro’s of franchises are…
- It’s quick and fast-convienence,
- People think it tastes nice, therefore they see it as a treat,
- It’s easier to go to a drive through, order what you want, and have it to you in a very quick period of time.
- And it’s cheap.
Although, there is lot’s of con’s. For example-
- The calories, fat content, artifical colours and flavours and so on.
- This food can make you gain weight, feel sluggish and ‘bleaugh-ish’ for a while,
- They have no nutritional value, therefore you will not be getting the nutrients you need,
- Some of the colours, and flavourings they put in can be harmful to your health, and
- Junk food can lead to liver and kidney problems.
Junk food is seen everywhere, you can’t get away from it. Franchises like KFC, Dominoes and McDonalds search for teenagers looking for their first job, and most of them after seeing backstage of these chains swear to never eat it again.
Because they see the frying, chemicals, and the unhygenic kitchens. I won’t dive too deep into this topic, because I don’t know much about it.
I personally think that junk food is something that you can have occasionally, but not every day.
So next time you head out for dinner at any fast food chain, just think- is it that hard to make a freshly prepared home meal?
Comment on your thoughts about Junk Food, and I will reply.
Image 2-food-by brainware3000 on Flickr.